Monday, May 24, 2010

Bikeframe Windchime

So I've had this old bike frame along the side of my house since we moved in. At one point, it was one of my grandfather's, oh, 7 different bikes he had in his garage. Recently, I decided to get it out, strip down all of the parts and then I was going to put it up on the wall of my garage. One problem...the cranks were fused onto the frame and they were not going to come off easily. Even Bob's Sawzall was no use against them!

Last week, I had taken them in to a local bike shop to see if they could work their magic and get the cranks off. After about 20 minutes of fruitless effort, the mechanic handed the frame back to me and said something like "well, you could always do what my buddy did and turn it into a windchime..."


Hmm....


So I did. I still have some tinkering and tuning to do, but here
she is:

4 comments:

Tina Irene said...

It looks awesome!! Good job!

Blah Blah Layla said...

It looks GREAT!! How creative... Now what to do with your white Taurus... :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous. How crafty you are.

Anonymous said...

You have many issues.