So I did the ING Bay to Breakers this morning up in San Francisco. Wow. What an experience. Cross it off the bucket list! Finish time was 67:26 for a 12K. That's an 8:51 pace, pretty good, considering...
...the day began with a massive tortilla fight in the starting corrals.
...it took us, no kidding, 29 minutes to finally reach the starting line.
...because of that, we started amid the strollers, walkers and just before the floats. I must have passed some 15,000 people during this thing.
....the first three miles were an intense game of chicken/frogger/street slalom. We were weaving, bobbing and moving people out of the way...and it still took us about 33 minutes to cover the first 5K. At one point, I ran myself off course and had to hop over some barriers to get back in.
...my eyes were SCARRED by the naked runners. Memo to aging SF hippie men who like to run: buy some shorts.
...what's with the yahoos who chose to walk non-chalantly across the street during the race?
...this thing.
...why oh why weren't all the walkers able to stay to the right?
...too many sketchy costumes to count...
Bottom line...next time, I'm either going to run the race or sit on the street and watch it. It was too tough to do both!
No comments:
Post a Comment