I spoke last night at our weekly Fellowship meeting on the topic of Leadership and Ownership. Text was 1 Cor. 12, the old "one body, many parts" analogy. My challenge at the end was for the folks in our Fellowship to commit to use their gifts to bless the body, and I wanted some sort of application/response/committment activity. So to whom did I turn?!? To Fabio of course. After all, who better to represent the, ah, body? I went down to Partyworks and plunked down $24 to buy a 6 foot tall cardboard Fabio cut-out. He's all ripped up, bare-chested, with this "sexy" look and his famous hair all wind-swept. Cheeseball. At the end of the talk, students were invited to go forward and slap a sticker on Mr. Fabio that had their name and the gift they were pledging to use to bless our Fellowship.
During the worship time at the end of the night, my Staff partner and our worship guy Robert called it "the most awkward application time ever." I call it "the most memorable application time ever." Either way, here's a sampling of what students put on Fabio's washboard stomach (in response to the prompt "Here's what I'm bringing to our body"):
Maria: "I love talking and listening to others."
Brian: "The will to lead."
Erica: "A heart for the homeless and suffering."
Ross: "Tech/computer skills."
Kelly: "Energy. Organization. Love. Excitement.
Good stuff. But now the question remains...what the heck do I do with Fabio?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment