Monday, March 14, 2011

Was it a surgery or a procedure? Either way, it hurt and I saw blood!

So until this morning I'd never been to a podiatrist before. Turns out the average clientele is about 20 years older than I am and you're not hip at a podiatrist unless you are wearing some of these badboys. But I digress...

I was there to get my ingrown toenail trimmed. Or is it clipped? Or cut? Not sure. At any rate, of course I have running to blame for the situation. The offending nail had been hurt either in late 2009 or at the Shamrockn Half in March of 2010. It had finally fallen off in July 2010 (outside the Starbucks in Cedar City, Utah if you must know) and then it had been hurting for the last month or so.

Turns out the surgery (or procedure if you'd rather) was pretty benign. Four shots to numb it all (I had sheepishly turned down his offer to go without) and then some tugging and pulling and it was done. Now I'm home waiting for the anesthesia to wear off. Pass the Aleve.

Here are two pics from the morning. I'll spare you the during pic, but here's the before shot. And then how's that for an industrial strength nail clipper?!?



4 comments:

Vicki said...

I think I'm gonna pass out. Like the new blog look!

Eddy E said...

About 10 years ago, I went to a foot doctor because of an ingrown toe-nail that was hurting. She said to me, "I can do a permanent solution or a temporary one." I opted for the permanent one. I don't know what she did, but she covered my foot so that I wouldn't see what she did. After 7 minutes, I was done, and bandaged up.

I even managed to drive home, but yes, it hurt and I saw blood and I didn't want to cook dinner.

My team leaders were hosting dinner for the fellowship and because I didn't sign up, I was told I couldn't come.

I don't know why I just mentioned that last paragraph... I guess that hurt more than the toe??? ;)

Rob said...

Eddy, the dude gave me the same choice but I went for the temporary one. Not sure why I did that. I would not like to have this happen again, though I suppose one ingrown nail every 38 years is doing pretty good.

Shooter said...

Nast.