Thursday, September 21, 2006

Something New Part 2

This past Tuesday I had another great experience preaching without notes. And, perhaps coincidently, perhaps not, I had more verbal response from my CSUF students than ever before at a large group. Let me tell you one story from the night...

I was teaching out of Luke 5:1-11, the calling the first disciples, and the application was to submit all areas of our lives to the Lordship/leadership of Jesus. Love it. After the message, there is prayer offered and one guy comes over to me and asks for prayer. His question...what does it mean for him to give over control of his future to Jesus? He has two options: highway patrol academy (his dream) or finishing school at State (his family's dream). And he's wondering what exactly Jesus' dream for him is. Good question. Join me in praying for Eric as he sorts all of that out.

I love what God is doing in the lives of our students, and I love what God is doing in the life and preaching ministry of this old and crusty campus minister...

No comments: