The lawn is mowed.The CDs are being loaded into itunes (I'm taking an old mac with me on the trip)
The kids have been put to bed.
And the clothes are all over the living room waiting to be packed.
I'm off tomorrow at 8 for a few days in Guatemala; I'll be back on Sunday night. The trip is for a long-scheduled Students International Bored Meeting, and while that will be great, the real treat is going a day early to hang out in Antigua and enjoy the city. For those who know, Condesa for breakfast, Campero for lunch and either Santo Domingo or Dona Luisa's for dinner. I'm also excited to be bringing along a young IV Staff, Robert, to enjoy the trip and time together. If you are inclined to pray, here are some specifics:
1. Pray for safe travels. We go through Dallas-Fort Worth on American.
2. Pray for a good time with Robert. I am hoping/anticipating that Robert will be my Team Leader for the next years at Fresno City College, so we have lots of relationship ahead. I am eager to get to know him better on this trip!
3. Pray for a significant time with the Students International family: Fernando and family, Mario and his village (literally), the American staff, Hilmar, Lowell, Nate and the rest of the Bored.
4. Pray for Amy and the crew here on the homefront as they weather me gone. Thankfully, Grandma is coming so that will help greatly.
Thanks and I'll recap the trip when I get back (or, who knows, perhaps while I'm in-country).
No comments:
Post a Comment