We had a great time this morning at the half. No rain, good temp. I liked the course. Here's my post-race analysis:
1. I finished with a 1:43.18. That was better than the goal I had for myself, and it even beat Fram's goal for me! Pace was 7:53/mi.
2. Some splits. 10K was 49:49. Halfway was 52:33. Second half was therefore 50:45.
3. Overall, I finished 380 out of 3,603. Age group was 63 out of 261.
4. I'm giving the Sport Beans by Jelly Belly a B+. Tasty and I suppose they did the job (or at least I believe they did, which is just as good). Also, a nice incentive ("OK, when I get to the 9th mile, two more beans..."). I recommend them.
Now to the couch to collapse in front of the Lakers. Thanks to Todd and Danny, Amy, Josh and Lily, the Browns, Brad and Adam for coming to watch. And thanks to Tina, Fram, Jeremy, Scott and Paul for taking the challenge with me!
3 comments:
Evidently, you ran right by Carla Dhillon's house in West Sacramento this morning. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself.
WOW! You beat your goal - that's so great. Enjoy that couch.
Those sport beans must be a fave - I saw a LOT of them on the course and wondered if people spit them out or (like me) accidentally dropped a few trying to maneuver them out of their storage places. Red was the most common. Watermelon (with caffeine) is my personal favorite beating out orange, lemon-lime, and cherry.
Anyway... enough food review - I'm so happy for you! High five from Las Vegas.
Very fun to see you taking some names on that run! Well done!! Now, don't forget to blog about that 20 mile training run that's coming up to prep for SD...thaaat's gonna be fun.
Post a Comment