Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yeah, good one...

So there I was this morning filling up at the local Vons. $4.38 with my 3 cent VonsClub deduction, mind you.

All of a sudden, this old dude in a mini-van finishes his fill up and then pulls up next to me on his way out. "Did you get your kiss?" he asks.

I'm confused. What does he mean? Are they giving out free Hershey's somewhere and I don't know about it?!? I look at him and ask him what he's talking about.

He pauses for a second, nods his head in the direction of the gas attendant's booth, and with a wry smile says:

"well if they're gonna screw you, they may as well give you a kiss on the way out!"

2 comments:

Shooter said...

If we were single, we would be getting a lot of mail from cashiers...

James said...

Todd-

Are you talking about regular postal mail? Or are talking about "MAIL"! If it "MAIL" you're talking about, I am 100% behind you. I wish I got more "MAIL" in college