One of the things I enjoy most about our son Josh is his non-verbal communication. In particular he has two things he does when he is excited that I find fascinating, and if you've spent any time with him at all, you've surely seen and been amused by them.
First, when he is excited about something he flicks his ears. No kidding. He takes his hands, starts at his shoulder and gives his earlobes a mighty "thwack" from back to front. When he's really into it, he does both ears simultaneously. It is amazing to watch. And thank goodness he doesn't have an earring; he'd injure his hand...
The second one happens after he has said something that he thinks is pretty cool. When he's done talking, he'll punctuate his statement with a shaking of both of his hands and a pursing of his lips. Now that I think about it, sometimes it looks like a small seizure...But it's as if the joy that he feels about whatever it is he's talking about radiates outward from his little heart and out through his hands. And I hope he never stops doing it!
No comments:
Post a Comment