Don't get me wrong, I love a good flyover. You know, that moment a the beginning of a sporting event when the fighter jets zoom in low overhead at the culmination of the national anthem. This morning it was a couple of F15's at the MLS Final as Placido Domingo finished up "and the home of the brave." Whoosh!
It's all very impressive, but I have a couple of questions:
1. Who pays for it?!? Do I? I'm guessing it might cost a bit to fly out the stealth fighter from North Dakota and have it arrive in LA at just the right moment. Fuel? In-flight meals? Do you purchase insurance for something like that?
2. How can I get one?!? Especially if as a tax payer I'm helping fund these things, I'd like to order up a nice F-18 flyover for my next big event. Think about it! It would be great for kids' birthdays, anniversaries or special holiday parties. Or how about for ministry? Need the perfect culmination for a fundraising ask? Call in the jets! Or just after the first worship set at a large group meeting. Perfect!
Lastly, what about this one...a flyover when you need it! Send the Air Force a text message, and you'll get your jets in 30 minutes or less. Like a pizza! Need a way to end a conversation? How about a flyover? Bored between classes? You need some jets. Trying to impress that special someone? Where's the stealth?!? I'm just saying, that'd be pretty cool...
2 comments:
I totally agree! Jets just add that special somethin'.
Matt thought this was the funniest post ever. :)
Post a Comment