My 3 year old Dell Inspiron has been limping along for the last month. Bad power chord, sometimes it couldn't read the wireless modem, and then the on/off button was so sporadic that it seemingly took an act of Congress and 5 quiet times before it would boot up.
And then came Praveen. Praveen was the Dell dude on the other end of my live tech support chat last week, and when I presented my three issues, he said this:
Agent (Sup_Praveen_127748): "Rob, I have consulted my Technical Supervisor and we need to pull up the system to Depot for repair. A team of technicians will work on your system and will replace the required parts to make sure that the system is working fine before sending it back to you. It would be a special service there would be no charges to you."
From there it went like this: Praveen magically arranged for DHL guy to show up at my door 3 hours later with a ready-made box for me to put my laptop into. This was Tuesday. The package was then shipped to Memphis next day air. They fixed it that next day, on Wednesday, and then sent it back such that it was on my desk ready to roll on Friday morning. In the process they replaced the system board and the modem. And, they threw in a new power chord as a bonus. All free. All quick. All easy. Thanks be to the Praveen!
Some of you may have heard me thinking out loud about drinking a glass of that Mac kool aid, but this experience decides it. I'm a Dell guy now from here on. And next time I'm in India, I'm taking Praveen out for some tea...
2 comments:
I'm so glad that warranty is working out for you. As a former Dell worshipper, that warranty is key. You will talk to Praveen a few more times--probably as early as next week. Don't worry, you guys will be great friends by the time you eulogize your Dell one final time.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to enjoy a warranty nor Praveen with my mac... For some reason, they build these machines in a way that I will never need a Praveen in my life.
Ah, Eddy, the zealousness of the recently converted! I'll keep you posted when I talk to Praveen again...
Post a Comment