Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Have you ever gone to the bathroom in the wrong bathroom?!?

I did. Yesterday. At a rest stop off the 5 near Camp Pendleton. I recorded my inner monologue. It went like this:

"Soooo great to finally be going to the bathroom. Lots to drink hours ago at the Burger King in Delano"
"Wait, what's missing in this place? Oh, no urinals. Weird."
"What was that? Someone glancing in at me through the door. Should have closed it all the way. Hold on! Was that a woman?!? What's she doing in here? What a freak...in the wrong bathroom!"
"Hmm, as I look over the stalls there is a small gaggle of women. And what's that one saying? Something about how they all need to wait until 'that man' is finished. Who's she talking about?"
"Oh crap. SHE'S TALKING ABOUT ME!!! @$&#!"
"You can do this. Walk quickly. Head down. No eye contact. Go straight to car. You fool."

6 comments:

Jen Huerta Ball said...

So glad I know you....

Unknown said...

Oh, nooooo.

Unknown said...

Yessssss! I'm so glad you shared your story with the world!!! ;)

Una said...

It's not clear to me whether you relieved yourself of your borrowed soda in that restroom or not....please inform!

Rob said...

Let's say I left the bathroom fully relieved...

Anonymous said...

Most importantly, you chose to stop in DELANO. God bless you!