Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Our records indicate that you are among the 30 staff who rent cars most frequently."

That quote is from a recent email asking me for information about my car rental practices. Keep in mind there are thousands of staff in InterVarsity. Do I get an award perhaps? A bonus maybe? Possible acceptance speech: "I'd like to thank the Cabinet and President Alec Hill, my Regional and Divisional Directors, for sending me on all these trips. And I'd like to dedicate this award to my family and friends. You know who you are; thanks for having my back. And, most of all, thanks to God for giving me the strength and talent to rent well and drive straight..." Nah.

But I'm going to keep track of the car renting this year. Starting today. I'm leaving for SLO in an hour in a 2007 Buick Lucerne. Enterprise on Shaw, 2 day rental. Total bill: $95.65.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next year I'd like to see you in the top ten, Rob!

;)