So it turns out that 2011 was a tough year for this particular runner. When I look back at my 2011 goals and intentions, I note that I accomplished, well, none of my goals. Instead, it was a year of injuries (primarily my right calf and knee) and, grrr, lots of races registered for but not finished. In fact, I only managed to really race once in 2011 and in the end, I'll have hit just over 500 miles total when I was aiming for 1000.
Because of this, I'm on a break. I'm opting to not run through Christmas, hoping that Santa will put 3 easy miles in my stocking. Along the way, I'm working on a few things:
1. Becoming pain free in my knee. So far, so good, but I'm thinking about going back to the ortho to take a look at it nonetheless.
2. Stretching. Trying to loosen up daily.
3. Riding. I'm aiming for 75 miles a week on the road bike. That's a lot of time in spandex right there.
4. Reading. I'm working on digesting Daniel's Running Formula by famed running coach Jack Daniels. A different Jack Daniels.
5. Planning. I'm looking ahead toward a 2012 where there can be racing! Thinking about this one and then dreaming of this one.
In the meantime, here's a shot from the Two Cities half from earlier this month:
No comments:
Post a Comment