Saturday, January 01, 2011

2010 Running Year in Review

Happy New Years to all! Waiting for the ball to drop last night, I did some updating on my running spreadsheet. 2010 was a good year out on the roads and trails. Here are the details:

Total miles run: 876, up from 680 last year. I think I'll aim for 1000 in 2011.

Average miles/month: 73. Biggest month was October with 111 (ramping up for the marathon) and the leanest months were 50 in March and May.

Total days run: 166 days. That's 45% of the days last year, which feels low to me. It's an average of 13.8 days per month. Biggest month was July with 18 days (thanks Minnesota trip) and the leanest month was November with 10 days (after the marathon I could barely walk, much less run).

Average run length: 5.3 miles. That seems high to me. Wow. 5+ miles every time out, on average.

Longest run: Not counting the marathon, that would be 22.01 on October 24th. Man, that hurt.

Shortest run: The shortest run I recorded was 1 measly mile, on May 2nd following the La Jolla Half Marathon. Curse that Torrey Pines hill!

Races: 11 in 2010, same as 2009. Put me down for: one marathon, 3 halves, 5 5Ks, the freakin' Bay to Breakers and a 1 miler in the streets of Clovis!

Injuries: Unlike 2009, I dodged any major, debilitating injuries in 2010 (fingers crossed). As I look back at the training log, though, I see more nagging types of aches and pains than the previous year. Looking at you, right calf, both knees and an ankle or two...

Faces: Great to run with fantastic people. The running log is filled with my nearest and dearest. So, thanks to: Amy, Tina, Lovie, Cleary, Isch, Paulie, Nalley, Ed, Michelle, Fram, Mark, Seth and, my favorite, Joshua.

Places: I ran in lots of places in 2010. To name a few: Chicago, IL, Madison, WI, Cedar City, UT, Denver, CO, Henderson, NV, Lincoln, NE and all over northern Minnesota. Even made it international this year with like 2 miles into Canada. Closer to home: Cambria, Irvine, Morgan Hill, Pasadena, Sacramento, Bako, Ventura, Santa Barbara. It's gonna sound cheesy, but I love it that I can run anywhere and everywhere. It's a great way to explore new places.

Here's to great running in 2011! Huzzah!

2 comments:

Blah Blah Layla said...

Huzzah Indeed!

Unknown said...

What a year you had!
Here's to the next!