Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Getting to know your 'hood

How well do you know your neighborhood? I mean, I know a few of our neighbors, particularly the ones with kids in classes with Josh, Lucy and Grace. But I don't have a sense of what happening in the bigger picture of where we live.

Enter this site. What a fascinating source of data!

So for our census tract (how do they figure those anyway?!?), here's what's true about our hood:
We're 60% white (higher than I would have thought)
We're 30% Latino
87% of us graduated from High School
14% have a Bachelor's or higher
Our median household income is just under $60K
22% of my neighborhood make less than $30K
1% earn over $200K (ah, that's not us...)

2 comments:

Blah Blah Layla said...

cool link! interesting stats.

Unknown said...

That was a neat site. In Vegas, though, I really think they oughtta include more "edgy" data. Like, percentage of residents housing white tigers... percentage of residents who are professional gamblers, etc.
Right?