A Fly in the Soup sat down recently with Rob's right ankle to check in about how the recovery is going. Here are some excerpts from the interview:
AFITS: So can we start with you reminding us about exactly what happened?
RRA: Yeah, so we were about 1.5 miles into a run at the end of July when I just fell apart. Something wasn't right, so I pushed the pain button and Rob had to stop.
AFITS: Any diagnosis from the Dr.?
RRA: Look, I'm not bitter, but let's be honest. What does Rob's GP know about ankles anyway?!? He's an internal medicine guy for the love of God! We went in early in August, he sent us for an X-ray (it was negative) and then he referred us to the Physical Therapist.
AFITS: And have you gone to the PT?
RRA: We've been twice now. I get nervous each time. That dude pulls me, pushes me, twists me, bends me. It's like he's working out his personal angst on me! The PT thinks that I have some tendinitis.
AFITS: Getting better?
RRA: Not sure. We haven't had the sharp pain that we had initially in weeks now. But there's a dull ache that is persistant. The PT has us doing some exercises with a band and some stretching. We take Aleve. And we're resumed the elliptical and on Saturday we tried a mile on the track.
AFITS: And?
RRA: It's tough. Again, no sharp pains, but lots of soreness. I've heard Rob say that I don't "feel quite right." I just think we're both frustrated. Really frustrated.
AFITS: You and Rob are scheduled to run a half marathon next month in SLO and then a full marathon in Fresno in November. What are the chances of those races actually happening?
RRA: Honestly, it's probably dipping below 50/50 that we'll be able to race. Training time is running out! We're going to try 2 miles over at Clovis High today, so we'll see.
AFITS: Good luck for your continued recovery!
RRA: Thanks. And thanks for the time. Love your blog. I read it all the time.
5 comments:
Is RRA available for questions from your readers?
Yes, Eddy. RRA will now take your questions...
RRA, I really only have one question for you: How would health care reform help your or hurt your recovery?
Mr. RRA, Todd Cherry here. What do you think your chances of returning to 100% for the Cal Lightning next season?
RRA: I commiserate with the you on the joys of physical therapy. I think PT school is really just training in how to inflict some serious pain on folks with a smile on your face.
On another note: get off of Twitter and back on the blog. ;) Twitter sucks. :D
Signed, Slorugbug
Post a Comment