Here we are in SD. 15 and a half hours til the gun goes off. Here's where we stand:
1. The weather. It's windshield wiper time around here. I'm just sayin. I'm sure the locals call this a "marine layer," but it's raining today. Weather.com says that it'll be similar tomorrow morning. Glad I brought long sleeves. I also bought at running hat today at the Expo to keep the drops away.
2. Health. Long night last night in the hotel. 6 of us in one room...let's just say hats off to my Guatemalan friends who do this routinely, cause it was tough. So not a lot of sleep. Left knee is fine so far; right hamstring is annoyingly tender. We'll see if that impacts tomorrow.
3. Cheering section. The kids made flags for me. Amy and her fam are ready to go. Also, it's been cool to get the text/email/fb/vmail love. Thanks everyone. If you're interested they will supposedly broadcast the finish line (site here). I'll try to blog in the morning before the race, or you can follow me on twitter/facebook.
4. Last supper. Rumor has it it'll be pasta and tri tip tonight at Brian's. Looking forward to that. Then tomorrow morning, it's either gonna be a bagel and banana or a nice bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats. Game time decision.
There you go. Now I'm off to attempt a nap...
No comments:
Post a Comment