Sunday, April 05, 2009

I finished, and all I got was a glass of water, a sweaty shirt and a vague feeling of "runner's high"

Since I acquired this acute case of A.O.R. (Adult-Onset Running) in June, I have now run three half marathons. The first two involved things like timing chips, thousands of running partners, Jeremy, medals at the finish, Amy and the kids waiting and water stations out on the course.

The third one was this morning. This time, none of that was there. But I did run my 13 miles. For the record, the time was a 1:56:06. Also, memo to my two concerned mothers: no bonking this time! It's a part of a serious ramping up for the marathon in May. Here's the plan for the rest of the time:

4 weekly runs:
1. Short recovery run on Monday (3ish miles)
2. Longer run at tempo on Wednesday (8-10 miles)
3. Whatever seems good on Friday
4. Long run on Sunday (or Friday/Saturday in a couple of cases)

Sunday schedule:
April 12: 14 miles (in Sacramento)
April 19: 15 miles
April 25: there's this 5 mile race up at Woodward
May 2: 17 miles (on a Saturday)
May 10: 18 miles
May 17: 20 miles (Jer, I'll run over and pick you up and we can run out to Kearny to meet the fams)
May 24: TAPER! 8ish miles
May 31: The Big Daddy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow. It gives me energy just reading this.

It's hard to imagine you ran another half marathon - any way you could rig up a "runner's cam" for the marathon?