Friday, October 31, 2008

Losing it...

So the other night there I am trying to comfort Lily. And she's wailing. I mean, she's out of control crying. She sounds like a little lamb bleating like crazy.

And so I reach deep into my bag of Daddy tricks and try them all. I'm rocking her, I'm singing, I'm shush-shushing her. We listen to the water running in the bathroom. I'm patting her back. The pacifier comes and goes. I'm first gently cooing her name, and then, right at the end, I'm nearly shouting her name. Just trying to get her attention.

Then, as the ruckus reaches its crescendo, in walks Amy. I say, "man, I tried all my tricks and nothing is working. This girl is out of control." She pauses, then says, "well maybe next time you should try not calling her Gracie..."

3 comments:

The Bauers said...

When ya go that many, they're all the same, huh?

Una said...

I applaud Amy's great comedic delivery.

Mike Nalley said...

You could have followed George Foreman's example and named all your kids Gracie! See Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman