Sunday, September 28, 2008

52:25

That was my 10K time from last weekend. Good for a stunning 128th place, thank you very much. The full race results are here. Upon reflection I learned or remembered a few things:

1. When you're wearing a number, it's never "just a run." Before the start, Jeremy and I were telling ourselves, "this is just another 6 mile run." You know, take the pressure off. Well it didn't take me long to toss that out the window. A mile in, I was keeping track of how many people I was passing.

2. It's tough to drink while you're running. Make that impossible. It was more like a brief shower for my shoes. Thanks for the heads up, TR!

3. Next time I'll go out faster. Truth be told, the 52:25 is about 4 minutes faster than I was anticipating I would run, but in thinking about the way my race developed, I know that I need to go out quicker next time out. I ran the first 3 miles in 26:45, which means that I did the last 3.2 miles in 25:40. In other words, after averaging close to 9 minute miles in the first half, I did around 8 minutes miles in the second half. I like the negative split there, but I'd like a more balanced and quicker pace a bit better.

4. Really, I do these for the shirts. Don't tell anyone.

Here are a couple of pictures from the day:




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Great job ROB! That's impressive.

Jeremy said...

We are looking fiiiine!

Una said...

Is that the ghost of high school past?

Anonymous said...

Did you check out the run by the 50 year old female? Under 47 minutes. Yikes! Great job though, seriously. I might have passed out after the 3rd mile.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rob! And wow, you look SO THIN!!

Rob said...

Dave, thanks for checking out the results. My favorite was the 71 year old who edged me out by 56 seconds! He's all mine next year...

Unknown said...

Congrats!
You're inspiring me.