So for the last couple of days I've had the war on terror front and center in my mind. A couple of things put it there:1. Lone Survivor. I just finished absolutely devouring this book by Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell about his heinous experience fighting in Afghanistan in 2005. I'll let Jeremy's fine review stand as a summary of the book if you are interested, but for my money, it's made me more thankful that there are people out there doing what they do so that I can do what I do back here.
2. Care packages away! It turns out that we have two friends in Iraq at the moment, and there is nothing like having people in the thick of it to make the war more than a headline. Yesterday the kids and I mailed off care packages with the prayer that when they were received it would be "like Christmas morning." So Mitch and Susan, here they come! And enjoy the Hello Kitty toothbrushes courtesy of Lucy Dixon...
No comments:
Post a Comment