Sunday, May 11, 2008

An Open Letter to Joshua Ford Dixon

Dear Josh,

OK so now the news is in and Dixon Baby #4 is going to be Dixon Baby Girl #3. And since your mom and are done after this one, that means that it's you and me, kid. Two islands of testosterone in a Dixon-filled ocean of estrogen, for the rest of our lives! So allow your old man to offer some words of advice and encouragement in light of this piece of news.

1. We've got to stick together. Otherwise, they'll gang up on us. Heck, they already outnumber us! So lots of "man lunches" for us so we can stay on the same page. I have your back, you have mine!

2. Look on the bright side, you'll likely grow up with your own room. Everyone's sharing, but you'll get your own space. Wait a second...maybe I'll move in with you! It could be our man room!

3. Growing up, you'll learn more than you want to know about all things female. Consider the next dozen or so years an education! I am.

4. God help whoever you end up marrying. Your bride-to-be will have to go up against your 3 sisters. I feel confident in saying that the good news is that you will marry someone tough!

5. I hope you like the "big brother" role. Because you're going to get lots of practice!

Ready for the adventure?!? I love you buddy.
Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait to anticipate the threats...

Shooter said...

Congrat's on the news, and Godspeed to you both. Happy Mothers Day!