Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Let's see Super Nanny top this...

To use my new favored vernacular, when it comes to sleeping, our precious Lucy is a hot, sloppy mess. Particularly in the area of staying in bed. And we've tried everything. Well, I guess not strictly everything. There's still duct tape, though that somehow feels like the ol' nuclear option...

Our latest idea, however, seems to be working. Start the night with a clear (plastic) goblet full of candy that represents the next day's dessert for both Josh and Lucy. Then, every time either one of them gets up, away goes a piece! Turns out the genius of the plan is that since Josh is penalized for Lucy's transgressions, he's become an ally in the fight to sleep sanity. We'll keep you posted, but here's a shot of our little brainchild...

4 comments:

Vicki R. said...

Now THAT is a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

Rob, I LOVE this picture!!! Wow, it totally captures the emotion of the moment! Good job. :)

Shooter said...

Interesting. Maybe we could tie Danny into that scheme, as well? We could use the help, especially around 5AM...

Mike Nalley said...

Heck! Next time I sleep there I'll keep that little buggar in bed if it means I get more dessert!