Monday, April 30, 2007

Disneyland Report

So they say--and by "they" I mean someone Amy read about on the internet--that you haven't really experienced Disneyland until you see it through the eyes of your children.

And you know what?!? I think "they" are on to something. Because where I saw a slow ride through an imaginary world, they saw Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and hunny pots. And where I saw a castle that I swear
looked smaller than I remembered it, they were in awe and went around looking for Sleeping Beauty (or Peach, Mario and Bowser, but I digress...). And, finally, where I waited, all sweaty and grumbling, in a small, cartoon house with 200 other sweaty grumbling parents, they were willing to pay any price just for 20 precious seconds with Mickey Mouse.

And so our trip was a smashing success. The kids did great, Aunties and Uncles were fabulous, our Disney dollars allowed them to get whatever they wanted, and
we even made it back to Fresno before midnight. Here's a shot of the kids with Mr. M. Mouse:

No comments: