Now, now. Mabel has a very important place in our nation's history. But really, I don't even like Elvis. I don't like his music or his movies and I certainly don't like his impersonators. I think that the real Elvis fans out there (and I know there are least a handful) have done a pretty poor job of passing him on to younger generations. Pop stars like Sinatra, Louie Armstrong, the Beatles, have aged well and still hold significance. Their music and personas are still relevant. But Elvis? Elvis is kitchy. Elvis is tacky. Elvis is a punchline.
1 comment:
Now, now. Mabel has a very important place in our nation's history.
But really, I don't even like Elvis. I don't like his music or his movies and I certainly don't like his impersonators. I think that the real Elvis fans out there (and I know there are least a handful) have done a pretty poor job of passing him on to younger generations. Pop stars like Sinatra, Louie Armstrong, the Beatles, have aged well and still hold significance. Their music and personas are still relevant. But Elvis? Elvis is kitchy. Elvis is tacky. Elvis is a punchline.
Post a Comment